Many dogs have infection-prone ears. If that’s the case with your pup, talk to your veterinarian about MalOtic. This potent mixture of three healing agents helps reduce pain, swelling, and itching due to ear infection.
- Decreases inflammation, itching, and pain
- Helps reduce ear wax production
- Easy to apply topical treatment for dogs
- Choose ear drops or ointment
MalOtic is a corticosteroid that is often prescribed by veterinarians to clear up ear infections in dogs. Three active ingredients – gentamicin sulfate, betamethasone valerate, and clotrimazole – work together to reduce inflammation, itching, and pain in the ear. MalOtic can also help reduce ear wax production. If your dog also needs antimicrobials, MalOtic can be combined with them. This medication comes in two formulations: ear drops and ointment.
What you should know about MalOtic:
- Talk to your veterinarian before using this product.
- Follow dosing directions exactly – don’t give your pet more medication than directed and don’t skip doses.
- Read the label carefully for information about storage, possible side effects, and drug interactions.
How to Use
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION: The external ear should be thoroughly cleaned and dried before treatment. Remove foreign material, debris, crusted exudates, etc., with suitable non-irritating solutions. Excessive hair should be clipped from the treatment area. After verifying that the eardrum is intact, instill 4 drops (2 drops from the 215 g. bottle) of gentamicin-betamethasone-clotrimazole ointment twice daily into the ear canal of dogs weighing less than 30 lbs. Instill 8 drops (4 drops from the 215 g. bottle) twice daily into the ear canal of dogs weighing 30 lbs. or more. Therapy should continue for 7 consecutive days.
HOW SUPPLIED: Gentamicin-betamethasone-clotrimazole ointment is available in 7.5 gram and 15 gram tubes as well as in 10 gram, 15 gram, 25 gram and 215 gram plastic bottles.